Royal Gunpowder Mills
The Royal Gunpowder Mills is an exciting visitor attraction in Waltham Abbey, Essex offering a unique day out for all the family. Set in 170 acres of natural parkland, with more than 20 buildings of major historic value, plus interactive exhibitions and children’s activities, the Royal Gunpowder Mills offers something for all ages.
Exhibitions and attractions include:
- Award Winning Main Exhibition and Film
- The Armoury – a collection of more than 200 firearms.
- Women at War Photo Gallery
- Dangerous Days Exhibition
- Professor Nitrate’s Mad Lab – join the Professor for fun, interactive science adventures.
- Rocket Vault
- Wildlife Tower / Nature Trail – see if you can spot the deer that live in the woodland.
- 40 Minute Guided Land Train Tour
- 20 minute Military Truck Ride
- Special Weekend Events including Classic Vehicle Show and Medieval Event (check website for dates and details).
Open every weekend and bank holiday from 28 May – 4 September 2011, 10am – 5pm (last entry 3.30pm)
Open every day in school holidays (May half term, Summer holidays and October half term) for fun family activities
Open 5 & 6 November for Guy Fawkes Experience (times to be confirmed) and 11 December for Victorian Christmas event
Children under 3: FREE
- Toilet WC
- Picnic site
- Car parking
- Disabled access
- Baby changing area