Discover the amazing world beneath your feet at Poole’s Cavern in the High Peak hills of Buxton.
Poole's Cavern & Country Park
Join our expert guides who will unfold the stories and legends on a journey through beautifully illuminated caverns, sculpted over millennia by an ice age river.
Follow in the footsteps of cave dwellers, Romans and curious visitors, who, since the 16th century have explored and marvelled at the unique and spectacular stalactite and stalagmite crystal formations deep beneath the Peak District hills.
Above ground stroll along the woodland trails and wildflower glades of Buxton Country park to the hill top viewpoint of Solomon’s Temple, a Victorian folly with panoramic views of Buxton and the High Peak hills of Derbyshire. A great place to relax, picnic and enjoy the fresh air.
For the more adventurous challenge yourself at the Go Ape Tree top challenge with high wire and zip line excitement. https://goape.co.uk/locations/buxton.
Refuel at the Café at the Cavern with locally roasted coffees, home-made cakes, light lunches and daily specials with vegan and GF options available.
To comply with safe procedures for both visitors and our staff we have made the following changes to our cavern tours:
Planning your visit.
• Pre-booked tickets will be for a specified tour time, please arrange to arrive in good time for your tour.
• We cannot guarantee places on cavern tours for visitors who haven’t booked in advance.
• Visitors with any additional needs requiring assistance can call on 01298 26978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your visit with us.
What to expect on arrival.
• Welcomed by a staff member at the visitor centre entrance
• Hand sanitiser stations available throughout the visitor centre
• Limited queuing
• Our expert guides will escort you through the beautiful underground world of Poole’s cavern at a relaxed pace to enjoy this ‘Wonder of the Peak District’
• Take away snacks, tea and coffee lite lunches, daily specials with vegan/vegetarian and GF options at the Café@ the cavern
• Pre-packaged food and cutlery and drinks all in ecologically sustainable materials
• Outside picnic tables available
• Country park woodland trails to Solomon’s Temple viewpoint open
• Friendly service, advice and assistance at all times.